Join us at the Oslo Freedom Forum in Miami on Oct. 4-5
On behalf of the Human Rights Foundation (HRF), members and leaders of the Florida Press Association are invited to the 2021 Oslo Freedom Forum, taking place October 4-5 at the New World Center in Miami, Florida.
The Oslo Freedom Forum (OFF) is a thriving global community of people united by the common vision of making the world a more peaceful, prosperous, and free place. At OFF, you’ll have the opportunity to listen to the inspiring stories of activists, dissidents, and journalists; discover companies conducting exciting work at the intersection of innovation, privacy, and freedom; and engage with interactive art installations and live music performances.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Ahmed Albasheer, Iraqi political satirist
• Agnès Callamard, Secretary General of Amnesty International
• Akida Pulat, Uyghur activist
• Alexey Navalny, Russian democratic opposition leader
• Arthur Holland Michel, writer and researcher on surveillance
• Berta Valle, wife of Nicaraguan pro-democracy activist Félix Maradiaga
• DJ Switch, Nigerian DJ, songwriter, and musician
• Essam Daod, psychiatrist and co-founder of Humanity Crew
• Filmon Debru, Eritrean human rights activist and trafficking survivor
• Glacier Kwong, Hong Kong political and digital rights activist
• Hatice Cengiz, human rights activist and fiancée of late Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi
• Steve Jurvetson, American venture capitalist
• Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya, Leader of democratic Belarus
• Wai Hnin Pwint Thon, Burmese pro-democracy activist
For more information about the event click here
FPA members are offered waived media passes. The Media Pass will give you access to all conference events on October 4 and 5, including main stage talks and interactive programming.